Saturday, January 30, 2010

I've been quiet all week - so did you think I was up to something? Nothing exciting for most of the week, which is good, I needed calm after stressing out Monday. This weekend is three days of hockey. I don't know how I made it through yesterday, I was ready to wipe out by 3pm but made it through an early trip into work, a full day there, heading straight to the game, and heading out for a little while after.

Charlotte was in town so it was good to see Possum again and to meet another Charlotte fan, Alan. We also had Slapshot visiting us, since Reading was off for the evening, as a guest of the fan club. It will never cease to amaze me how much he can get people into things... I love that purple kitty. Didn't win a jersey auction although I did like the pink in the rink jerseys. I'm glad to not spend the money, but I wouldn't have minded getting one.

After attempting feebly to keep up with a 7-foot purple beastie and losing him numerous times we headed to catch up with Cathy and John at the Backdoor Cafe. I really need to get down there more often too... the drinks are yummy and reasonably priced even if the grub can end up adding up quickly (didn't eat there last night). As the hockey boys headed back across the state we headed downtown to Lucille's. This was my first visit there and I was quite surprised, it was bigger inside than I thought it would be. I do love the decor and am happy to have somewhere I know I can go dance. Too bad it's loaded with smoke, but it was good enough of a time that it kept me awake.

No comments: