Saturday, August 22, 2009

I was up and moving this morning to get out the door and head to see Slips. Admittedly, I've been a bad friend and this was the first time I saw her apartment in the burgh and she's lived there for how friggin long now. Either way, we had a really good lunch (perhaps because I was quite hungry and frustrated from the half-assed construction detours and blockages around the burgh, but I say because it was just friggin good). I think it was called Harrigan's and was in this snooty little mall by her appartment *snicker*. I had a crusted tillapia that had an amaretto beurre blanc sauce and berries over asparagus. To die for, light, refreshing, excellent. Then for some shopping. I did behave for the most part, but I ended up buying a cute sweater and a dress.

About those road blockages - 376 was one lane from 22 the whole way to Penn Hills. W.T.F.!! Then I needed across the Liberty bridge, but the exit onto it was closed. How do you close an entrance to a bridge? The lovely detour made me loop around in what seemed like 3 circles, but at least I got to pass the new arena that is in construction. Nice to see it cooking along.

I'm quite happy I got off my tail and did some cleaning in the past couple of days as I learned on the drive down there that mom was coming up. By the time I got home she had already started some of her version of cleaning... oy. I wonder how much stuff is hidden from me now. So I'm pooped. It took me tossing in a movie to convince her to sit down and stop moving stuff around. I think this is the earliest I've been ready to crash out in a long long time.

No comments: