Friday, June 05, 2009

For the past two weeks as I come to work I pass the striking Penelec employees. On the way out I pass them again... and risk my neck trying to see past their cars that are parked on our side of the road *grr*, but that's not the point of this post. Since day one I've wanted to just say "geez, if you're motivated to get out of bed and come sit in the shitty weather why not GO TO WORK". Instead I've kept quiet because, while I think unions are an archaic element that has been twisted to manipulate, I don't know the facts.

So, today I did a quick search and found some news articles that state the crux of the issue as employees being unhappy with scheduling changes and wages. Uh. Ok, so if I don't like the hours I have to keep for work or the pay they're giving me - what are my options? I ask for concessions (and get told no) or I QUIT. Seriously, if you don't like your job or don't think you're getting paid fairly QUIT, go find another job. Ultimately if enough people won't take their crap they'll need to change things or they won't have employees, no?

Maybe I just don't get it. Can someone help me see the light?

No comments: