Sunday, June 14, 2009

Finally some truly nice weather! I started off Friday night by heading out to meet with the Laws, it was a good plan ahead as I don't have local channels, so we were able to watch the Pens take the Stanley cup at South Side. Of course, enjoying a few fruity beers is always a good thing too. I admit, I am truly impressed. I didn't know if the Pens could do it - but the cup is back in the burgh. It definitely makes me feel better about the Canes getting squashed.

Saturday I slept like a champ as I tend to do on weekends, grubbed, and tried to hunt down some birthday gifts I need to buy. Same applies for a bit of this afternoon too, but I remain unsuccessful for someone that is pretty easy to shop for. I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

This evening Dani and Saffy have a friend, Porter, coming over to visit. Of course, I can't say Saffy's friend, as he's only met Dani so far, but I am sure they'll have a fun evening. Hopefully it will cool off a little before then and I'll get motivated to put together the remainder of the front porch furniture. Admittedly, I should have done that earlier this weekend - same with starting the work on the little area out back that I have planned, but it didn't happen. I definitely need to finish my school work for the weekly assignment this evening too. See, it's my procrastination that puts me to a late night on Sundays which then sets the tone of tired for the rest of the week. Curse you slacka attitude. At least the semester is already 1/3 of the way over and it's my last term (again).

No comments: