Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A beautiful trifecta this morning reminding me why I named my blog what I did...

Major dog investment this morning as we all headed to the vet to get everyone ready for the next couple vacations worth of kenneling. Looks like we need to work on a diet in our house as Vixen is now up over 70lbs and Dani is 52lbs. Saffy is the only one not rating pork chop status in the whole house. Much to Vix's dismay we'll be cutting grub back a bit. The vet isn't fond of the new lump on her leg but isn't sure about it, we'll monitor it for now. I opted to not have them take fluid because there is little we could really do if it was cancerous, given it's location and her age, to completely resolve the situation.

I was actually (secretly) hoping the Pens would win last night, perhaps it was in a desire for some good karma for the Canes tonight. Either way, I'd love to see a Pens v Canes round.

Last night while heading for a delightful dinner of spagetti and meatballs (ones that were homemade and damn near like my mother's - major points there) I picked up some cupcakes with frighteningly day-glo icing. That's not the critical part - it was the "sell by" date of August 9, 2009 that scared me. Really? How the HELL can a cupcake have a 3 month shelf life. Did it stop me from ingesting the non-biodegradable delights? No, of course not, but it did make me wonder.

I didn't get to mention previously that I did visit mom for mother's day and got to see my brother on a rare visit to toona town.

No comments: