Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm asskicked, but I gotta check in, so here ya go...

Friday night I actually put together a solid outline for my paper, which is good, since I didn't get to touch it again all weekend (boo). Saturday I was up reasonably early and moving to an appt then getting dressed in my vampiric finest to head to Draculacon in Windber. Good time! I enjoyed the speakers in the afternoon. Cadillac Creeps were also pretty good. It was incredibly cool to see an amazing gal, and good friend from elementary school and jr high, Phat Man Dee, and to hear her in person. One of my memories from our youth is of her singing, so it's so wonderful to see that she's channeled her passion into a career. Then there is meeting Blair and getting to check out the Grand Midway in all of it's splendor.

All that in one day you say... well, yes, that is why I am so tired - I got home, showered, and into bed by 5am last night and was back up fairly early as I had family coming to take the old entertainment center that simply doesn't fit here. So alas, my purply beauty is gone.

My afternoon running included getting additional plants and materials for out front. I wiped out needing a nap instead of getting planting, but it was pretty darn warm out, so I am not complaining about my lack of progress there. I did at least get the flowers into the planters that will sit at the top of the porch stairs.

Tonight there was a quick dinner with Beth... and then a phone catch up w/ Davey T (good glory it's been a while)...
and here we are, after 11pm, I'm beat, and I'm crashing. It'll be another long week of work work work. Blah!

No comments: