Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Today was a long day despite only being at work for half of it. At least the snow held off until I nearly got back to Johnstown from the viewing in Altoona. It's so odd to see some cousins and other folks that I haven't seen in an eternity.

The shitty part of it was getting chewed out by a nubby woman I didn't know after she asked what church I went to here. Sorry you don't approve of Methodist churches near perfect stranger. Oh, and the look on your face after _you_ asked if I was married and I had to sadly respond in truth that I was divorced? Don't judge me, if it were up to me I wouldn't be. Then there is the smattering of half-stories you get when people realize you aren't old enough to be aware of what happened in the family before you were born. I guess I have a few things to ask mom about next time I visit.

I was hoping to make this my first post from the new computer, since the power cords have arrived, but instead I am leaving her to her own devices as she installs Office and YIM. As ready as I was to just lay down and sleep I did vacuum tonight too. I think I'm entitled to call it an early evening.

No comments: