Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wow, it's Wednesday evening already... time to catch back up I guess. Wires got crossed and I missed out on lunch w/ Kirkus on Monday. Tuesday was a "day off" but I actually hauled out of bed around nine-ish to get things in gear. I pulled out ye ol' leaf blower that was bought as a gift for X many moons ago and has sit around gathering dust. After I filled the one area I planned on putting leaves and still had a good bit "left" I just made a few piles. Ugh. Leaves. Many many leaves. That initially left me w/ shakey hands (gotta love running a weed eater or anything like that for a long period of time when you're not use to it) and today has my right shoulder, both arms, and my back a bit tender. Yea, I'm that out of shape.

Tuesday evening involved a bit of coolness followed by disappointment. The coolness was a visit from who we'll now refer to as 2S meaning too sweet. The disappointment was making a run to expose the house guest to Clem's bbq. *eyes roll back in head* Mmm, Clem's. Yea, so we make the drive to Blairsville and the friggin place is dark. Ok, it was a holiday you'll say - but alas, I had looked at their website which CLEARLY says on the menu "OPEN ALL YEAR! Open tuesday - sunday" and the only mention of holidays is that they ARE open on labor day and memorial day monday. Well suffice it to say after getting my palette all worked up for Clem's nothing sounded good.

Either way, we ended up going to the Haven for dinner. Upon our arrival the Pens started getting smacked around like red headed step children to the red wings. So, we grubbed as quickly as possible and headed to the SouthSide Saloon instead to continue our watching and to indulge in a couple brews. Of course it was kick ass to see Detroit lose, but it was a heck of an ending, for sure.

Today was the Chiefs' day game here at home which allowed me to sleep in a wee bit before heading to the arena. Gladly, it was worth getting into work late as the Chiefs took out Cincy and tallied 7. Heaven knows I was about in need of a new razor, so woo hoo.

So today we decided to head BACK out to 22 and hit Clem's since it's not a holiday... right? EPIC FRIGGIN FAIL. The damn place closes at 7. SEVEN. So yea, we showed up at exactly 7:04 in time to watch the chick flip off the lights. WAH! Given the general region we just headed off to Off the Rak for grubbin. Consider yourself up to speed. Feel free to bring me gifts of delightful bbq chicken to ease my pain (and cravings).

No comments: