Friday, November 28, 2008

It feels like an eternity since I posted, and I have a list of things I want to comment on and bring ya'll up to speed, so prepare yourselves for a very long post.

First, for those that asked... here is the new phone. Only two small complaints after getting to know it for a few days, one being that this sony didn't come w/ a memory stick as my previous one did (different format)and the other being that the light color when the phone is determined by a theme. Yes, I can change the colors that light up when the phone rings easily but I needed to download other themes to tinker w/ the regular active lighting effects. Now to get the transfer stuff set up so I can get them moved over. May as well wait until I get more memory though. I can tell from one picture taken w/ this camera that the cell phone camera technology has again made leaps and bounds since my previous purchase.

So I get home today and one of the first things my mother tends to give me is the run down on family. I guess my one uncle was sent home and they're not bothering to treat the cancer that was found in his bladder. So, I fear that chain reaction I've been dreading for so very long isn't too far off.

On another upsetting note, mom was using her oxygen the entire time I was there Thursday and this morning. Apparently she's been feeling it coming on all week but waited until things were bad to user her oxygen, go figure - stubborn! You can tell how bad my mother felt as it was necessary for her to allow me to finish up preparing Thanksgiving dinner (pulling out and carving the bird, getting the corn ready, mashing the potatos, setting the table). Yeah, she normally doesn't want anyone in her way. Of course her doctor was not in this morning. This definitely ups my desire to get her a more reasonable device for her oxygen needs. Watching someone fight to get things hooked up properly when they're breathing deep is NOT comforting. We'll just leave it at that.

I also proved that I am still a little nutty as I headed out this morning to Kohl's. I swore I wasn't going shopping on Black Friday but alas, when we spotted something in the flyer and mom commented that she would pick them up if she saw them somewhere it just made sense to brave the crowds and the cold. So I was there around 7 and danced around the crowded aisles. Gladly I spotted that the customer service desk was also checking people out so I avoided the very long wait in line to escape.

So the girls and I headed back up the mountain this afternoon and stopped to get some gas. I had to laugh at the woman with the dented to snot back left bumper attempting to get backed into a gas pump. Of course, there was no gas cap on the side of her car that she was trying to get saddled up next to the pump. Now that I'm home I just wanted to crank out a little bit of cleaning so I can entertain and get my tree up and whatnot this weekend... and then off to the first of three games this weekend. I'll be a busy gal!

No comments: