Sunday, October 26, 2008

...and then there were three. I don't know why deaths always seem to happen in threes, but it makes me wonder. I found about the first just days ago when a college roommate's brother passed in the line of duty, then another friend's grandmother passed this weekend with cancer, and finally my professor posted apologizing for grading delays due to his sister passing from cancer. Sadly hearing of the third allows a relaxing breath to pass through my lips. I know it is just superstition, but it does get me somewhat.

Worse still these things also seem to happen more often around the holidays. As such, I'll take this time to wish everyone I know a safe and happy holiday for your families and ask you to offer a little prayer of protection for everyone you care about too.

No comments: