Sunday, August 24, 2008

This weekend at times has seemed a bit overwhelming. Yesterday felt like Sunday, so at least there seemed to be a "bonus" day. After returning from the funeral in Hillsdale yesterday, Beff, Kirkus, and I went to Off the Rak. I havn't been there in probably a year, not sure why, the meals are always quite yummy and the martini samplers are bitchin.

Last night the crazy ass dogs had "words" again. This time, Vix misinterpretted a tap on the back as being from Danika and it set her off. Once again Danika "won" and left Vixen with what will surely be a few new scars. Poor girl. I don't know what to do, but things just can't go on like this. At some point I do fear that one of them will end up severely hurt. I don't want to banish either of them from the freedom to come and go as they wish, not even in a rotating situation.

So last night I crawl into bed and flick on the TV as I normally do and things are lined up a bit goofy on the TV display in the bedroom. I kick it off and back on and get a flash of light and then black. So much for the picture tube is all I can assume. The TV isn't even 10 years old. They really _don't_ make things like they use to, do they?

So do I spend how much to have them try to get and replace a picture tube or do I suck it up, try and understand the flatscreen speak (since you can't find a regular old flippin tv anymore), and try to find a new one? Of course without regular old TVs the prices are higher than I'd like to spend right now given the other funds that are in limbo for the front door, the porch and siding (I did get the drawing in the mail the other day btw), the term of school that still was not blessed for reimbursement, and other little things.

Today I could use just a relaxing afternoon at home, but instead I am heading off to the season ticket holder picnic. I am sure I'll have a nice time, but here's hoping that it won't be too warm, I so don't want to feel all sweaty and nasty.

No comments: