Saturday, July 19, 2008

My weekend so far has been a series of bummers and small redemptions. Alas, there was no tickets to be had last night for Batman, not surprising, but the lead up to finding out the tickets were gone dragged back feelings of issues past (the preference for some of my friends over me time and time again). At least our plans for Sprinkles still went off without a hitch and Mithy, Rex, and I enjoyed their evil delights while Beff watched. Sister really needs to eat more than she has been lately. Regardless...

Earlier this week I had semi-discussed getting together for a drink or lunch today with a potential dating option, but haven't heard from them since. Given my mood over the past 24 hours I just chalked it up to being dissed. Not the case I am sure, but WAH, I wanna be grumpy about it - deal with it. Not like I was out of bed in time for it anyhow.

Just about everyone that was on the invite list (which was fairly long) for Shakespeare in the Park ended up off the list. While many never replied, some were off the list within an hour of departing for the show. For a few minutes I figured I was in a debate between attending solo or staying in. I did end up with company however, someone else who understands the curse of coupledom and what it does to their friends. Another individual noted that "that's what it means to have a girlfriend" (translate you're with them all the time). No, that isn't, or at least it shouldn't be... sorry you think that's the case and is probably why you rail against it, much to my despair, but having a boyfriend or girlfriend means you care about them - yes - but it doesn't mean you don't care about anyone or anything else.

Regardless, I digress. The Merchant of Venice was a nice little play. The weather was the feature act as for the first time I did not even need a blanket or sweatshirt!

As to tomorrow... mom invited me for a home cooked meal, I suppose I should go (instead of sitting around and feeling shitty about growing older). I guess we'll see - depending on what time my eyes peel open tomorrow. Old people need more sleep you know.

2 comments:

The KSK Team said...

Batman was -- pardon my French here -- fucking awesome. I'm so severely pissed at Heath for going and getting himself deceased that I may just pull an Orpheus here and wrest that bastard away from Hades (and unlike him, I won't look back).

Whistler said...

Happy Birthday!