Thursday, July 24, 2008

I did it... I did it... I did it...

Yes, I typed that three times on purpose as I have three things to announce as things I did that I am proud of myself for. We'll go in reverse chronological order here.

1). Thanks to Straight outta Johnstown I became aware of a planned speed dating event at the Inclined Plane... and signed up. This could be pretty fun - or awful - either way it will be something to talk and laugh about.

2). I sucked it up and finally went to get my blood draw done. I've been sitting on the lipid/cholesterol screening paperwork since January so it's about time. I am HORRID with needles. Go ahead, finish laughing (if you're not laughing think about how many tattoos I have). I was quite queasy and dizzy after the fact, but the phlebotomist was quite nice and handled me well.

3). I put money down on a pink diamond. It's not heart shaped... but it's cutie, over 3/4 of a carat, and the price was way better than what I've found elsewhere. I'll head back in after DC Goldmsiths gets a couple settings in to choose from but - woohoo!

Speaking of jewelry - last night I got my birthday gift from my sickly chum Beff and got the cutie heart necklace I was eyeing from Amazon!

No comments: