Sunday, June 15, 2008

oooh... I forgot to comment on something from yesterday morning in my last post. So I am at the dealership, first one there even, and I head to the waiting room where I started doing some work-reading. Shortly thereafter two older women come in, clearly sisters, they both sit down and pull out word searches. About 10 minutes later this lady walks in and promptly pulls out her cell phone after sitting down. One call after another. I now know her son is a teenager and not the best driver in the world, that they're looking to buy him a new car - one that would do better in a front end collision, that there is a knocking noise in her car and she thinks it came from the gas at BP, and many many other things.

During a brief break from her phone an employee comes through and offers to turn on the TV for us. The first three of us just shook our heads - the other lady instead says "no thanks, it's so nice and quiet in here!" WHA!? Um, yeah, it was until your crazy ass showed up. Shortly there after she made two more calls. *shakes head*

I ran and did some hunting/gathering this evening at the Iggle, but only after getting something in my stomach at Park and Puke (one shouldn't shop hungry ya know). But while waiting for my dinner I listened to a little girl repeatedly saying "zip it pappy". Um, I think I would have smacked my child for talking to her grandfather like that. Little brat.

I then started letting my thoughts wander and I realized how male-free my life has always been. It started w/ the "pappy" thing and I noted that I never knew either of my grandfathers, that my dad has been gone for 20 years, that I rarely had a man in my life before or after my ex. Even my dogs are female. Sometimes I wonder if that doesn't alter how I interact with males in general and lessen my chances of finding the right one and making progress towards something meaningful. I know, I think too much... maybe you just read too much. :)

No comments: