Sunday, June 22, 2008

Let's talk about retails stores. So, about two weeks ago I was back in B. Moss and had them call around to try and locate the skirt I fell in love with at another store. Altoona didn't have it, but Indiana DID! So, they ordered it and it was to come to the house. Alas, last week it gets here and ... is the wrong skirt. 1). Der. Can you not match up an item number off of a tag? 2). BOO! I was so excited that the skirt was located. I was devastated. I returned the skirt (and got my shipping charge back) and just went about with my life assuming I'd never have the cute skirt I so adored.

Now, let's recap my weekend, I promise you, things will come full circle. Saturday morning I woke early and showered, then just lounged around for a while. When mom called I finally made my decision to head to Toona a bit early and to spend the night there. Mom was heading off to a second cousin of mine's wedding whereas I didn't have to leave for a few extra hours to attend Pao's wedding celebration. So, I made a VC run and swung through the book store. Pao's reception was nice, I was surprised to see so few people I knew there, but I was glad to be part of his day and to enjoy Pao-dad cranking some tunes on the accordion. The reception started at 3, but I was out of there well before 8 leaving my evening to sit at mum's with the girls after a quick and fruitless pass at Uncle Joe's Woodshed. Well, okay I cleaned up the havoc that D made on mom's basement too.

So this morning mom made some amazing grub for our big noon-time meal and I decided to go wander the mall, since THEY have an Old Navy (yes I am still bitter we never got ours), besides, I figured mom and the girls would be napping as is the tradition. First store in I figured eh... I'll go look. So into B. Moss I strolled. !!! They have it... and they have it in my size! I was clutching this skirt and wouldn't even let the girl take it to "start a fitting room" for me. It is a bit snug as I am quite the pork chop as of late, but it fits and it is now mine mine mine - even if I couldn't find a good matching shirt in the entire mall. I can only assume I neglected to mention the skirt saga earlier in order to get to tell such a riveting tale.

Vix has once again wounded herself (foot) *sigh* and Danika is pooped, since Sophie visited after we got back to town this evening and they ran about a little more (as if visiting grammy isn't enough to tucker her out).

No comments: