Monday, May 26, 2008

Time to account for my activities this weekend. Gratefully Saturday morning was beautiful - unlike most every other day this month. While the yard was still a bit muddy I did dig the holes for the items that needed planted (for those keeping track, scratch off items number 2 and 3 from my previous list). Danika tried her darndest to help despite my protests, thus I have a few pictures of a dog with a muddy muzzle and paws. Goofy girl.

I also did as much of the refi-paperwork as I could without having a photocopier and access to my pay statements at work. Cross of number 6! The laundry (item number 1) finished while I was still in and out of sleep and taking advantage of a chance to sleep in. As for folding it... damn the manual labor, but it also got done on Saturday (while I watched the Pens), but didn't put it away. Saturday was so productive I even swung in to get milk to get through the week and made a cooked meal for dinner!

Sunday I slept in once again and then took some time basking in the warm sun rays, sipping coffee, and starting Death of a Darklord (since I finished my book - cross off number 7 - late Saturday). Time to get in gear, so I started moving things as necessary in the bedroom. I realized there were a few more holes that I had missed filling a few weeks ago, so filling them and waiting for them to dry already put me behind schedule. As such, I figured what the hell and embraced a few other things that needed done, like fixing the damn bed.

I assessed the parts and was off to Home Depot with samples in hand. As everyone knows, a trip to Home Depot or Lowes is never a 1/2 hour experience. With some help I found the appropriate pieces and continued through the store. Brilliant me, I thought I'd pick up a small charcoal grill for the apartment and offer to grill something yummy for the tenant and I (since he wasn't able to head home and I was solo celebrating Memorial Day as well). Go figure, I get the stuff home and there wasn't grates in the package like there is suppose to be! I still cooked, but our burgers and dogs were off the stove instead. I set up quite the nice red-neck picnic featuring a buffet aranged on a flipped over box and folding chairs. I'm classy all the way baby.

That done I eventually got back in the house and started mucking with fixing the bed. The frame is now good to go, but I left the matress and box springs in the living room for the night to make things easier as I planned to move the pieces around to their final destinations on Monday after painting and cleaning. Yes, I slept on the matress and box springs laying in the living room, and yes, a full size bed does fit nicely in the living room. If that doesn't take red-neck up another notch to trailer trash I don't know what does.

Being that it is much easier to paint in full daylight I folded things up for the night and went to have a drink or two with Mithy. I deserve it! ... and no, I did not have Bud Light. I cannot belly that much red-neck in one weekend.

Here it is, Monday already, and my long weekend is nearing an end. I got moving a bit earlier today, but still got plenty of sleep. It took a good while to tape everything off, and even longer to do all of the cutting in - which I decided to do first, since the tape was not happy about sticking for very long. It felt like an eternity... but once that was all done the roller work went pretty fast. Cross off number 4 shortly before 4pm!

I guess that leaves number 5 and I have to tell you, it just isn't happening tonight, at least, not in entirity. I might get some things moved around once the paint is appropriately dry, but I know I won't have everything back in order tonight. That's okay, I still feel like I busted some major tail and accomplished alot. Right now I am just hungry. Maybe after a bit of grub I'll be re-energied.

No comments: