Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The capital C word doesn't stay out of my life for long at all... prayers requested for a friend with a reoccurence that was just diagnosed. I spent last evening so completely drained and emotionally detached. I was going to just nap on the couch but a knock on the door from the tenant stopped that short.

Needless to say I accomplished nothing last night. I didn't even cook the chicken I had intended to make - instead Rex and I picked up some za and chilled for a bit.

Small glee is that my tax stimulus money arrived in my account yesterday. As expected it is less than $600, but not significantly less, so I can't bitch too much. On another note I spotted what looked like quite the awesome job, not a super huge move, in the field I want to work in, and somewhere that I know some people. Unfortunately, after submitting my information they tell me I have to fill out their forms which leads me to a page that clearly lists the salary range for the position at hand. Of course, it's like half what I currently make and would want to continue making (at a minimum). Go figure. So, scrap that thought. At least I get tons of vacation here to enjoy cruises and the people are nice.

No comments: