Friday, April 11, 2008

Last night I swept the small rocks left over from the salt trucks from the curb and picked up mulch from the evil Walmart. I told you I'd start getting spunky when the weather turned. Granted, I've heard it might head back into the 40's later this weekend (go figure). That of course will prevent me from watersealing the apartment's deck for now, but I can do the preliminary scrubbing!

Since I couldn't match the current bedroom walls to a paint sample and it has been a rather long time since it was painted, I picked up another gallon of gray paint, some compound for the kitchen wall's holes, and a couple of rosebushes that I am hoping to sweet talk my mother into planting in the planters by the doorway. I also finally called to get gravel delivered... 5 tons. My muscles are aching at the thought of it, but it needs done. There are several other things on the to do list that highlight my revived motivation, but I know I won't get to everything this weekend. At least my mum will be there to crack the whip (and cook).

I also talked myself into buying a new lamp for the bedroom. I spotted it on Overstock and dropped it into my cart thinking it was cute and would look nice in there, but really sold myself on it when I found the same lamp on Amazon for an additional $90! Now to find the pink/pewter colored bedding I so want. Yes, yes, I know brown and pink is everywhere - but I promise you, I am a trend setter with bedroom colors. Whatever I spend months looking for becomes popular and overdone 6-8 months later.

No comments: