Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I shouldn't be allowed to watch Discovery and all of those other health and medical-type shows. Not too long ago I saw an episode that involved someone becoming paralized as a result of low potassium levels. This then had me thinking of Satin. We had stopped giving her the kBr (potassium bromide) as we tried to diagnose what was going on with her weight loss etc. Could her issues on her final morning have been hyperkalemic paralysis from low potassium?

Way back in the day we had tested her for Addison's disease which has symptoms of muscle tremors (remember she was epileptic) and lack of appetite. Of course, Addison's create concern with what - but of course sodium and potassium - potassium bromide. It's been a few years, she had a great life and I have no regrets - but I will always wonder if I could have done something different for her. I guess I should focus my brain power on work.

No comments: