Saturday, February 23, 2008

I feel like I've been on vacation, it's kind of an odd feeling. One thing being away from work does is it rejuvinates me. After sleeping in like a champ (was up a bit later than I should have allowed myself last night) I started getting in gear with basic weekend cleaning. Made a quick run to work to drop off the projector and one up the cave then headed back to the house with designs on patching the holes in the bedroom walls.

The bedroom was painted when first buying the house way back in 99. I still adore the silvery gray walls, but they're due for some upkeep. So, I pulled everything down off the walls, pulled nails, and patched everything up. If the paint isn't still good *laugh* I am more than happy to go buy more in the same color to touch things up. I've been taking the room to strictly gray and black with b&w pictures on the wall, but my mind has been pondering an accent color. We'll see.

After patching the walls I was still all geared up so I started the kitchen destruction that needs to take place to bring the living room wall change to a completion. I have the paneling down on the wall behind the table and over the doorway and scraped the wall pretty well. It's rather nasty back there, I shouldn't be surprised that it's bumpy and crumbly. I'm just glad that the paneling wasn't glued out the wazoo. In there I'll eventually need some nice bright white paint. I wonder how much it would cost to replace the countertops. Maybe it was the glimpse of spring that Charleston provided, but I am feeling too motivated today. Hopefully I'll get to expel some extra pent up energy tonight, after the Pens win.

No comments: