Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I am alive and well in Charleston (much to the dismay of some). The trip went well, no delays, baggage arrived in one piece, nothing travel-related to remark on. The weather is, as expected, much more pleasing here. When we first arrived I didn't even catch a chill in a tee shirt, riding with the windows down in the rental. Oh Carolinas how I miss thee.

I did manage the booze trifecta today. They say when in Rome do as the Romans do. I guess the same goes for playing Navy. Not only was I drinking before noon in the Baltimore airport (rum and... well, it was mostly rum, but there was a hint of brown that I think was suppose to represent the coke), but we got checked into our (bitchin) hotel in enough time to catch some of the free wine and cheese hour. A little while later and off to dinner where I skipped out on booze and loaded up on sweet tea (aka Carolina crack, aka hummingbird food). A little further down the street we backtracked for ONE BEER where I had a cider/guinness. I could have really rocked the booze at this hotel... since they have sherry and whiskey available in the lobby 24-7, but even I am not that hardcore.

I watched the better part of two hockey games, since they have the VS network, managed to shower and wash my hair already, and got my wireless up and kicking on the work laptop so I could hop online (sup w/ these hotels that ONLY have wireless???) All this... and not even 11:30. This whole "wow, I can't believe how much I achived so early" thing is starting to occur rather often. I guess I should crash so I can polish the dog and pony show, enjoy my massage (if they have a slot available late in the day), and keep up with the booze cruise tomorrow evening. No puppies to jump up by my feet... sigh.

No comments: