Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Since my last post, the entertainment center has been obtained and put in place. I still need to get the electronics set up. The major delay there is getting slave labor to help move the TV back into the room and to heave it up onto the stand. Most of my DVDs fit in the new entertainment center, which now leads me to need a CD tower of some sort.

Despite another boomer and a bout with a raw throat I still managed to make pretty good progress in the living room. The curtains are wrinkly but hanging, the couches and papasan are in place, the bookshelves are constructed and in place, the Christmas tree is up with presents bulging out from underneath, the decorations are coming out of the boxes for placement, the wireless card is functioning at home, the kitchen table is back in place, and I even made banana bread! *yum*

The last two Christmas gifts should be arriving from Amazon in the next 24 hours or so, so I am - somehow - actually ready for Christmas with a week to spare! Of course I still have final exams and final grades to complete in the next couple days, so I am not off the hook yet. There truly is no rest for the wicked.

Oh, and how is this for wacky, the place FINALLY called about the last three windows that I ordered months ago. Why do they wait until there is snow on the ground and frigid temps before they want to rip three huge holes in my wall to replace windows?! Grr.

No comments: