Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Left LBE bright and early. First flight was a little late, but the second from Detroit to Charlotte was early. I slept like crap last night, which had me dozing off instead of reading, as I had intended, on the second flight. Let me say: Detroit's airport is a bit odd – not only do they have the ppl movers but they also have a tram and this very strange hallway with lights and music. I almost ate at "Slapshots" in the Detroit airport but then paused and shivered at the thought of the Red Wings.

Coming into Charlotte I couldn't help but pine for the Carolinas. I really do love it there. I can't even completely put my finger on it. There was a bit of a backup getting the rental car. I counted myself blessed when they didn't pull up with a soccer-mom-mobile, but I quickly realized I still got shafted… no CD player. WTF!

At first I thought it might not be that bad since I am no longer in the hills of shitty reception known as PA, at least that was until I clicked through endless Christmas music, Mexican fiesta tunes, and uber-twangy country stations. I settled on a sappy station with a ton of old love songs… what a great drive. *shoves finger down throat* I made the best of it and sang along with all my might. This crappy little Aveo has good acoustics if nothing else. Oh, I also laughed so hard I almost wrecked when the weather announcer mentioned it was a bit "chilly" today outside of Charlotte… 57 degrees is not chilly! I made the drive further south past Columbia and to Augusta in good time. I will also note that it is quite apparent when you leave the Carolinas and cross into Georgia. Blah.

Because I'm a slacker that never got my wireless up and kicking on the laptop I am sans a connection here at the Augusta LaQuinta, but that's okay. I'll be busy scarfing at the Outback and hitting the game tonight – that is if Pecos and Rita don't prevent me from navigating in the right direction!

No comments: