Sunday, October 07, 2007

Camp, camp, first date, and more camp. Ok, so Friday night was the first camp practice of the season. Damn but does it feel good to be back at the arena seeing the jerseys whiz by, smelling the hockey stink, and hearing the click of the puck off of the goal posts.

Despite (willingly) staying up a bit late Friday night I was up bright and shiney for the morning practice on Saturday and then early afternoon I headed to the South Side Saloon to meet "5". From there - back to camp once again - the last I'll hit before the pre-season game.

5 was a nice enough guy, just not really my type. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing does it uncomplicate things in any way or just add to the confusion and questions in other areas? 87 continues to puzzle with the forward and backward dance and desire to be around periodically but of course (since I'm a silly girl) I itch to hag out more often than he appears to want.

Sunday up early again to head off to Grove City to shop with the gals. I didn't buy too much and did manage to snag two items for Christmas gifts and a wedding gift for another individual. In the course of the day, despite trying to behave somewhat, I had two damn good meals - the first at Elephant and Castle a yummy turkey, lettuce, cucumber sammie w/ a cranberry mayo *yum* - the second at Garfield's at some little mall in the Butler area where I had a honey bbq chicken breast that came with a wonderfully topped salad and was still on their diet menu! Good stuff - I'm still leary to count up the calories for the day. At least I did a lot of walking.

No comments: