Sunday, September 02, 2007

Woohoo a few more holiday gifts gathered from the mall. You can tell I am desperate for something to do when I actually go to the mall for other than a weekday lunch. This afternoon, despite less than fabulous reviews from an aquaintance or two I decided to take in Rob Zombie's latest venture in Halloween. Much like Kevin Smith revamps the same actors from one film to another Zombie made space for Otis, Captain Spalding, his wife Sheri, and others. It was enjoyable enough, but perhaps I just have a bit too much of a propensity for 80s-ish horror flicks. There is just something about them that has me cheering on the inside for the bad guy and something that puts a small grin on my face with each stab or slash. One thing I can do without is jumpy bitches sitting behind me - perhaps I envy them, I would give anything to find a movie that can make me jump with fear and surprise.

While on the movie topic, do you know how creepy it is to see someone you know from elementary-high school listed on IMDB? I was googling for something completely unrelated but with regard to Altoona and spotted this. It seems wrong to say Joe, so congrats Joey - and to be working with Mosey too. It's a bit surreal to think someone I knew as a child is working on shows like The Office.

I did get through the first 100 pages of the first AB book, so I am hopefully caught back up with Beff. Now if I could just get my ass in gear in the living room my long holiday weekend will be nicely diversified.

No comments: