Friday, August 10, 2007

I love having pieces of my friends around my house... from the Canada postcard I got from Slips and Beff to the dark rich purple heart wine rack handcrafted by the Laws. Yesterday I made my trip home over lunch to find yet another wonderful addition to this collection.

My dearest Joe, down in NC, was featured in Kulture as a local artist - and quite the artist he is. You'll find the link to his Feral Chicken comics off to the side here on my blog, which I read every MWF. I tried my darndest while his work was on display to sneak a purchase of one of the pieces through Kulture, but alas they dropped the ball on me. I would have loved to have gotten this, unbeknownst to Joe, and taken a photo of it hanging on my wall to share w/ him as "a great piece of art I picked up". While Kulture dropped the ball, they also let Joe in on enough of the secret to suss me out... and look what arrived at my house yesterday!


Click to visit Joe's page - this image is HIS... don't steal it.



It is in a beautiful frame and will look fantastic hanging in either my soon to be remodeled living room or in my bedroom. I can't wait to get it on the wall.

No comments: