Friday, July 27, 2007

What the FRELL was that? So Vix is outside going insane last night, but it wasn't the "hey I want to bite that" bark it was the "oh crap what the?" bark. So, quicker than the speed of lightning I'm out of the bedroom throwing on the robe and heading out the back door. From my deck I could SWEAR I heard a growl which was a bit of a shocker to me. Vixen is midway down the yard looking out the far side barking barking barking. So I head down through the yard to meet her and she doesn't budge (another sign she's scared and would rather have me next to her than be off investigating something to bite). While I'm there holding her collar I saw a large portion of the apple tree shimmy. OK, that was enough for me - we're going to the house. The truly odd thing was she kept wanting to bark for another good 5 minutes. So I ask you, what the FRELL was in that tree?

For the record, I'm quite glad it was something else knocking on the door at 12:30.

1 comment:

Feral Chicken said...

Raccoon!