Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A nice long weekend is slowly coming to a close. Sunday I packed up the fuzzy one and headed to my mother's to trade off my "kid" for my sister's kids and we headed to Pittsburgh. I've now been exposed to their favorite band (Forever the Sickest Kids) and successfully managed to navigate some back road/strange parts of the burgh without getting completely lost. FTSK wasn't bad, but I wasn't too into some of the other bands that played, including the one that the nephew procured a CD for (and made me listen to it over and over).

The "stain family" (oy) crashed out at a hotel for the night and got up to head to Kennywood for the day on Monday. I was rather surprised how empty it was on a Monday, which worked out well since it was also rather warm and short lines = a less aggravating time at the park. From there back the miles and miles of highway under construction to Altoona for another night sleeping away from home (and my central air conditioning).

Today I can easily count my new bruises from the coasters, see my slightly darker "tan" (I think I'm a whole 4 shades away from white at this point), and am ready to crash out in my own bed. Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow? Oh yeah... I get to watch a coworker continue his quest. *evil grin*

No comments: