Thursday, February 08, 2007

Regarding this whole thing with the astronaut who went on a bit of a drive to go after the third in a bit of a love triangle. I know how easily I could have choked the last gasp of air from the throat of someone in a similar situation years ago, so I can understand the rage and the trip she was on... minus the diapers. Everyone judges her thinking she's nuts, everyone that has their happy little marriages that is.

I know that if half the pacific ocean hadn't separated me on that morning I could have easily lost my mind. Shoot, I still almost lost my mind at a later date with the other party, when it took everything I had to resist the temptation to test the tensile strength of my butcher knife. Even for months after my mind tried to wrap itself around things by allowing me the release of beating her and smearing her face on asphalt within an inch of her life in my dreams.

1 comment:

Scott said...

The diapers are the most important part of the story, but they're standard issue for astronauts. I finally have a reason to be proud that I worked for NASA.