Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Next rant: Healthcare. Ok. I have to work... AND I have to pay into my healthcare AND I have copays which often do not cover the full cost of my trips to the doctor. (Remember I hate doctors, so I am not there anymore than is absolutely necessary, but I still had to drop several hundred ($500) the year before last for one trip that took less than 20 minutes.) You see, I WORK... thus I get healthcare, but it's still not FREE. I have to WORK in order to afford healthcare. To think I could get charged (taxed) for the portion of the healthcare that my employer pays is not progress it is not a way forward. Where in this lovely idea/plan do you lower the costs of healthcare? That is the problem.

People - stop living off of your government and expecting them to take care of you. Grow up, do what you gotta do.

As part of my day I snapped a little and took another leap on a vaca. I know I know... I'm obsessed. Maybe I'll research the nationwide health coverage of our country's neighbors during this trip.

Mother dear's cataract surgery went well as did my sister's (yesterday), so one less thing to think/worry about. I instead replaced those worries with money frets over my plans to take classes towards my MBA starting in the fall. $600-something a credit and 6 credit classes, that is way over the tuition reimbursement, so I'll be losing some cash there - time to think about trying to get some scholarship action. You'd think my grades to this point would help, but everything is based upon financial need - go figure. I just need to find the right scholarships. Leads welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you aren't in favor of public funding for healthcare, you're really not going to like Canada's system.