Monday, January 22, 2007

Hillary Clinton announced her plans to pursue the Dmocratic presidential nomination for 2008. Dear God, save us all. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a female president someday, but all I can hope is that we as a country are NOT ready for a woman and she doesn't get elected.

Mayhap the office of president has completely departed from morals years before Clinton, but I can't see putting someone in there feigning to be a role model for strong women. If I had a daughter I'd be horrified to think she'd look at the first female president with pride, knowing full well that she turned her back on while her husband was in office. To think we'd have that douche walking the halls of the white house once again disgusts me.

On another note, I had my first exposure to "The Office" today over lunch, while we celebrated a co-workers birthday. It was fairly amusing, so I might be borrowing season 1 on DVD from someone to get caught up. As I've said before, there isn't much on TV that I've become a religious watcher of. This little break over lunch was comforting, I'm back in the main building and have more work than I can possibly crunch out in a normal week. In the mean time, I need to get a little further ahead for my class before it starts this Thursday. I can't wait to start shopping for diploma frames.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barack Obama to the rescue.

Anonymous said...

You should really check out the British (BBC) version of "The Office" first (the one the American version was based on, and the US version is produced by the star and writer of the BBC version, Ricky Gervais). It was much more artful in its design and presentation.

On the other hand, the US version is fast becoming something of its own right. But don't get discouraged by the first season (it's only six episodes)... they just hadn't found their stride yet. They pick it up well in the second season, and by the third (current) they're pretty okay.