Friday, December 08, 2006

Nope, I wasn't trampled by reindeer. Instead I've just been busy as can be - despite a bit of a reprieve. Where to start so I can bring you, faithful reader, up to speed. First all of the long hours I spent on my term paper truly paid off, and more than I could have fathomed. My professor was so happy with my draft that I am done for the term. No changes to the paper, no need to release the upgrade to the fan club website on the class deadline (which is a darn good thing considering how slow the pieces of content beyond my control are able to come together). You'd think I would have plenty of time on my hands as a result, but that's not quite the case.

I've still been up late most every night this week as we're to the part of the term that is stressing the class I'm teaching, so there are plenty of questions to answer that have been challenging to keep up with. Work has been kicking my rear in that I'm busy all day every day, which is good since I'm not onsite.

Last night I came home to no power. Quite the suck-situation given that it was right in time with our first snow and some rather cold temps. It was just the small stretch of houses on my block and everyone around us was still shining bright, their holiday lights tormenting us through the windows. The automated system for Penelec said the power would be on by midnight - so the night of getting things done online was a wash. I curled up by the fire and wrote out the final exam I need to complete and played with the dog and eventually headed to bed in the dark and cold. I felt the heat kick on at 5:30 in the morning when the power was restored but I didn't dare leave my comfortable bed to see how low the house got. All I know is an hour and a half later when my cell phone beeped to wake me, the heat was still going and it was only up to 60. I later found out a car accident caused the problem.

Now, if I can just get the final exam pulled together and keep up with the questions for what I'm teaching I'll be good to go this semester. Oh, and I got an appointment letter in the mail, they'd like me to teach it again in the spring! The extra cash is definitely nice and it is how I paid for the A/C I had installed.

This evening I just finished cranking out the cookies I need for Monday around bouts of checking for more questions. Ok, not really cookies, but no bakes are still fabulous. Speaking of which - I hear one wimpering. THAT is a sign of weakness.

Vixen's nose has that twinge of pink to it - definitely proof that winter is here at last.

No comments: