Saturday, December 30, 2006

I am a tired girl - and still stuck in the burgh. Let me rewind a bit. So, Friday night we headed to Dallas to take in a Stars game, so I have now crossed the Victory Center off of my list. The Stars won and I noted their little quirk - screaming "STARS" during the national anthem each time it is sung. They also have the requisite little crew that asks how much time is left in the period :) We actually headed into Ft. Worth and took the train the rest of the way, it was a nice evening, despite nasty weather that had a few tornados touch down in the area. Since we took the train I couldn't stick around to try and gather an autograph as I had hoped for Beff, but we'll just have to let her get that one herself.

Today I headed out at 6am and we drove to the airport. I get to Charlotte and be damned if both of the noon-time flights to the burgh aren't cancelled. The next flight out was overbooked and now had about 45 people waiting to get on it as well. Even that one would have brought me in later than the last flight to J-tizzle so it wasn't a big deal that I waited in Charlotte for the 5-something flight. That even left late, but the woman who took care of me when I first got off my initial flight and saw my next leg was cancelled was kind enough to get me on first class, set me up with a hotel in the burgh, and give me some vouchers that will save me $20 on grub through my flight tomorrow. At least I'll be back in time to get my girlie before the game. Right now I just want to sleep but my mind has been too restless the past two nights to allow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to hold my breath that I’ll ever score that autograph in person :)

~ Beff