Sunday, October 15, 2006

Saturday I got up and did some more housework (laundry and the sort) and headed to Missy's baby shower. We all know how little I like those types of things, but there were no silly games and good grub at the Boulevard. I wanted to spend the afternoon working on the pathetic notes I have for the second group paper for my class, but instead I was fighting with the test system for the class I'm teaching. When a third of the class needs the test reset and is getting errors it leaves a sinking feeling. I've extended the deadline on the test as a result, putting one of my evenings out to do grading next week.

The boys looked pretty good for a preseason game on Saturday night. Up 4-0 at the end of the first against Wheeling? How can anyone complain? Coleman probably won't be around here long, nor will Lascek, who heads to the back of the net like a magnet or Katsuras who did a ton of feeding assists on Friday and a goal of his own last night. If we can keep up the pace, dust off Cey a bit (c'mon Morgan, you've got it in you), and keep cooking in the third (we dropped off defensively and offensively last evening in the third) we should have a pretty nice season in front of us.

I also had a hella case of dejavu last night. I have it periodically and people think I'm crazy but it's so real. I had to have dreamt the situation that's all there is to it. How else would I have had the usher (which is new to the Chiefs games) and P-Mart (who is new to the little crew) in the memory? Do you dejavu?

Today I'm doing a little online Christmas shopping and then trying to get some work done on the paper.

No comments: