Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blogger was being cantankerous or I would have posted last night. I'm starting to feel like things are in slow motion. Maybe because I've actually been getting things done and getting to chill a bit. Tuesday evening I headed to City View to have dinner with the Law family. The food has slipped a bit there. My tuscany pizza, once again, did not live up to expectations. Time to stop trying to order it. It was an early evening and there was plenty still to be done so I did get dishes washed, counters wiped down, fish water changed, and a few other small cleaning tasks completed. My house is still a train-wreck, don't get me wrong, but it helped.

With the reprieve on the week 6 writing assignment I felt okay about chilling a bit last evening too. I had the itch to do something other than sit at home, so I headed to the mall in an attempt to find some Christmas gifts. I did find a couple items, and a couple more items for myself, some groceries, then headed to blockbuster where I decided to buy a couple previously used games for ye ol' PS2. The SSX on Tour game is going back, that sucks and it's a blight upon what is SSX. I also picked up Devil May Cry and Darkworld. A bit of quality time w/ the PS2 to ensure the games worked (since the chances of me doing so in thirty days are probably not as good as I'd like) and posting of materials for teaching and it was a bit later than I wanted to go to bed.

The cold rains have come. Most of the leaves are scattered through my back yard. It's week 6 in the class I'm taking (nearly 1/2 over) and week 8 in the one I'm teaching (half over). The first pre-season game is Saturday. The summer is definitely over - and here I was yesterday staring out the back door to the swing that I never sat on, not even once, this summer.

No comments: