Sunday, August 06, 2006

Why is my weekend over already? So very unfair it is. The final is done, I had issue with just a few questions in there, so I'm not fretting. Here's hoping for an A. Two more semesters officially remain. Saturday while the gal pals headed off to a party I returned from the final, showered and readied myself for dinner, and then lounged on the couch (something I haven't done in a few weeks), which quickly became a nap.

You see, it's hard to call it this, but... fear - everyone, I had a date. Ok, it wasn't a date in a classic sense, as I was meeting someone that I've kind of known for a while in an abstract. But if it does classify as a date it was the longest date on recorded history. No. Get your head out of the gutter, he slept in the spare room. It was moreso out of the distance to visit that the better of a weekend was planned out. A bit of late grubbing upon his arrival into Jtown at City View and watching a few DVDs since it was a bit too late to hit a theatre and what the heck, I had napped, so I was able to stay awake (unlike today where I was yawning at 10:30).

A bit of Vixen tormenting for attention and shortly into Sunday afternoon we were headed to Altoona for sushi and a Curve game with Beff in tow. Sushi was a little less spectacular than it usually is, but it sufficed. The Curve actually WON the game (despite my presence), and I managed to pay attention periodically, in between playing with the mooonkey who left work to join us for the weekend. Mooonkey is ready for the hockey season to start, even if he is a bit hesitant about those cursed polar bears. Good to see Walt out and about down there. I'd much rather see a friendly hockey face than someone I graduated with (always a fear of mine when spending an evening in Altoona).

It is most definitely time for sleep. It only took 45 minutes to get through my email from the weekend. Whee!

PS. The tree frogs are going like mad. I think _they_ think it's almost September. It's such a nice noise. One that makes me think of UPJ. I spent my autumn nights in the dorm with the window open listening to them go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vixen can tormet all she wants. That little girl knows how to win a guy's heart.

And for you... well I can't thank you enough for a well-rounded weekend. Good food. Good Movies. Good Conversation. Good Entertainment (you, Beth, and Moooonkey)

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that Mooonkey was my date so I wasn't the dateless loser who tagged along :)

~ Beff