Thursday, August 24, 2006

Last night could have been a complete disaster. No books to be had and I come to find that one book is not coming and another has a different edition coming. Remember, this is 12 hours before the class is to start. I was rather ill thinking my course schedule was headed to the shred bin. Turns out that while God may not work on my timeline he's always right on time and knows where to find me.

While sitting in the hall trying to ration through what to do with a former colleague once again a peer, an individual from the bookstore caught up with me to share the good news (at least to me). While the one book is definitely not coming, it is the book I don't need until the last three weeks of class, plenty of time to rewrite those notes and find websites to compensate. The other book, the new edition is hugely backordered with the supplier, so they went ahead and ordered the old edition (the one I prepared towards) and it should be here by early next week. I won't say how lucky is that because it wasn't luck, it was definitely someone looking out for me. It's rather funny because the pieces I don't have at 100% are the materials that are from that book that is to be gone.

I did swing into Burlington on the way down there last night and picked up two new skirts (*cheer* I actually needed skirts) and another Christmas gift. Slow progress on these fronts, but at least life is in order for the time being.

No comments: