Saturday, August 12, 2006

The feets ache. I got moving shortly before noon today zipping out to get an envelope in the mail and making a few quick stops at some of my favorite el-cheapo shopping stores. Dumped off some equipment for Beff to get her butt in gear and then decided I should heed my own advice. So I took to the basement with organization on the mind. My shelves are now nice and neat, I can find a screwdriver, or whatchamacallit whenever I need one. A quick vaccuum run in the basement to collect the dog fur and it is at least presentable for the folks coming to install my AC on Monday.

The fish have new water, the dishes are done, the laundry is in its last cycle, the groceries necessary to appease my mother while she monitors the AC installation are procured, the dog has been chased around the yard and brushed, fresh vanilla ice tea is sun brewed, dinner was yummy, the plants are watered, the carpet is vaccuumed, and I am TIRED. Right now I'm not sure what possessed me to get up early tomorrow morning.

The weather has been pretty nice for a few days, and a little cool in the evenings. I've seen a ton of butterflies, seems like a daily occurrence - which is odd - but I guess it is because I'm looking for them. As soon as I shower off the days worth of grime I think I'll spend a little time sipping the fresh tea and watching the sky turn to the pinks and oranges that shine through the trees out back. Beyond that do I try to create some more notes or do I be overly eager for my vacation and start plotting out my packing? *evil grin*

I would have posted this earlier but I was hoping for a good photo of the sunset to share with the post. The colors in the sky just weren't cooperating this evening - as is always the way. Close your eyes and just imagine a good one looking off of my deck, across the yard, and through the trees.

No comments: