Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Another reason to be glad I'm very close to finishing my degree. The price per semester has lept another $100. This now means that three courses in one year exceeds the max my company will reimburse... never mind the books, which they just recently started reimbursing for. I wonder if I turn in my paperwork for reimbursement in January if it will count towards next year. So close. So close. I really need to figure out if my aspirations still include those four additional classes to crank out an MBA as well. It seems like forever from now that I'd complete things, but I know how time flies.

It's been quite sweltering here lately. I finally decided to say screw it and take the leap. I am in the process of scheduling to have air conditioning installed for the main portion of the house. I think it will help with the humidity issues, future resell, and, most importantly, please the fuzzy one. Since there is the option to do 12-months same as cash I can crank out that bill over the next year and then look into dealing with the carpet which so desperately needs replaced. I'm also thinking, providing this tenant doesn't move out in the middle of February, that I will try to deal with the nasty fake wood walls in the apartment. Time to research the appropriate materials to do the job. Time to slave labor Ms. Beth in return for the hours logged at her house! *grin*

3 comments:

Jill said...

I did that with my schooling. I submitted the tuition reimbursement forms at the appropriate times, then held my grades for 6 months (from June until January) you have up to one year to submit them and then you only have to get one official transcript instead of one after every class...but that locks you into working here for at least another year!

Anonymous said...

You have many hours logged too...I owe you much! :)

~ Beff

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy,

i know a great cheap place to get carpet. We got top grade extremly cheap. REC in Tire hill and Somerset Builders supply in somerset...

Vanessa