Friday, April 07, 2006

Yes, it was less than a week ago I was complaining about diminishing expectations on a real vacation - but I've had time to get out of my irrational female hissy fit and here's what I've come up with.

1). If I'm good about not using a ton of vacation until July 1 I'll get paid out on some of my vacation.
2). I could select something that does not require a flight which will reduce my overall costs.
3). The proverbial carrot dangling. Scheduling something would give me something down the road to look forward to, which will help alleviate my general displeasure with the mundaneness of daily life. A distraction if you will.
4). It should be a relaxing one. Yes, something a little bit slower paced than the things I traditionally do on vacation which leave me tired for a week after returning.

(Image courtesy of Lonely Planet)

So here is what I've found. The invite is open to all, it would be fun to get a group on this ship, particularly since it is so small. Empress of the Seas is the smallest of RC's ships, and in a class of it's own, so it should be different from the others I've experienced thus far. Two stops in bermuda, both being overnight stops adding another element of different from other cruises I've taken. You'll notice this even fits my 2nd criteria, as I can just drive to Philly for departure. At around $85 a day for accomodations, meals, and nightly entertainment you can't beat it. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that it is an older ship, but it went refurbishing in 98, and I've seen some threads talking about additional work that took place this year. So... if all goes well, pink sand beaches here I come.

No comments: