Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's been a pretty decent weekend thus far. Friday night, since I was at a good place with my paper, I headed out to eat with the Slipster. After a bit of driving around and trying to come up with a good idea we headed across town to try the Back Door Cafe. A bit fancier, so I felt a little out of place in my comfort dress, but we were still welcomed to a table. Interesting menu, which changes on a weekly basis - so there will be no favorite meals at this joint. The artichoke, spinach, and blue cheese dip appetizer was yummy. I also had a grilled fresh dough pizza with fennel and leek confit, which was good but needed a bit more kick, maybe some garlic (what doesn't?)

From there we headed out entertaining the ideas of something decadent at Brewsters despite the rain which has heralded spring. Could we just wait out the heavy rains for a minute when we pulled in? No - so we end up laughing our asses off, soaked, and back in the car after a quick attempt was met with sideways rain. How about somewhere with walls? So we head back to Richland and to DQ to get our dessert. While we were out running around the Chiefs were in Toledo. Unfortunately, losing 3-1.

Through my ongoing coughing I worked more on the paper Saturday morning. It is officially at the leave it sit for a day or so and review/clean up and turn in stage. That is comforting to say the least. Saturday's game was the final home game for the team. I can't believe the season is pretty much over. Summer can feel so long. Anyhow, things went to overtime and into the shootout where we fell. I still think we could have hung in there if they hadn't made the call to not allow Demo another pass on the shootout. He didn't touch the puck - so he should have gotten another pass.

After the game there was another shoot for meat. We waited for a while, watching others, and then joined the end of the line. Since SOMEONE disappeared from the ice while we were in line I had to get someone else to take the shot for me. I wanted the ham, darnit. I think I woke Mr. Wallace back up, and even though he tried to push me off on Andress *sniff sniff* he took the shot and won me a ham after a little prodding. Thanks Ben :)

No comments: