Sunday, April 02, 2006

Time for a movie review, or two. Earlier this weekend I watched Donnie Darko, a movie handed to me in a rather apprehensive way by a coworker. He and another coworker had decided I would like it, but he acted as though he was afraid something in the movie might offend me. Quite the contrary, I liked it. Frank, the 6 foot evil looking rabbit? - He made me giggle. One movie that reminds you all that you shouldn't think some of us are nuts, maybe we are in a way, but maybe things are just the way they have to be for a reason. Farscape meets Mulholland Drive. Thumbs up.

Today I ventured to the theatre. Let me say this first, Richland Cinemas needs to recognize that they're fortunate to have a new building and to be the only pony in town. Please clean the freaking place and try to keep it up so it doesn't turn into the dump that the old building was. Blah. Popcorn everywhere, nasty sticky crap on the floor, and paper crammed in the cup holders. It's just as nasty as the last iteration. But since my preferred theatre doesn't get flicks I want to see often I went there none the less. Failure to Launch was amusing, not bad. It did make my cry however during the contrived scene with the dog being put to sleep, go figure.

I rewarded myself with the movie because I've been a good egg working to get some thoughts down and more information organized for my paper. Must really buckle down now however. Tomorrow will be a loss as it is party time. I'm ill prepared there too, as I haven't picked the right top and most of my themed costume is up in the air at this point. Do I really have to go to work tomorrow?

No comments: