Saturday, April 01, 2006

Late yesterday I had a meeting to discuss my current goals and direction for my career in general. I'm rather proud that I stood up for myself noting my near 10 years experience and my desire to get myself aligned for a promotion if at all possible next year when I finish my masters degree. I guess after talking with the financial advisor and realizing that I still feel like I have nothing and still make less than I did six years ago got me a bit fired up. It's easier when I can just wander numbly through my days, at least I am not as frustrated with my current station in life at such points. We'll see what comes of the discussion, if anything. I won't hold my breathe however.

So today I then get my gas bills for the house... and promptly removed e-billing which has prevented me from seeing how much has been building up under the budget billing that I've been paying. So suddenly I owe them $190 for the apartment and $190 for the house this month. Not AWFUL, right? Well, if you consider the running bill for the apartment alone is over $600 because they've only had me paying $25 a month you'd be more inclined to think it's not a good thing. Yes, my own fault for not logging in often, but they should send more information in the e-bill, not just "here's your budget amount". Needless to say the prospect of $400 a month for the next several months going into the gas company to put that back down at zero does not please me. It also eliminates any grand ideas I may have entertained for a vacation this year. Maybe my early summer vacation should be just a few days off around here - getting things done about the house and relaxing at home and at my mom's. I'm quite sick of being a one income household. I really got spoiled having a second responsible adult around.

The boys beat the Bombers last night. On to Wheeling today. I had entertained thoughts of going for the game at one point, but between my need to get my butt in gear with my class and my displeasure with recent comments made toward me I no longer have a burning desire to go.

After an excessively long afternoon nap (I still feel like crap with the cough, headache etc) I guess I need to find my paper motivation. Keep your fingers crossed that a hot little muse will show up - and soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should you find a hot muse, ask if he has any friends for your friends :)

~Beff