Monday, March 06, 2006

I did in fact return safely from our hockey weekend, I've just been a little too busy to get to everything that piled up in my absence. Having Friday off was just lovely. We got on the road early and made it to WBS around noon, just in time to grab some lunch. As is the rule, no chains that we can easily get to at home, so we tried Bostons Gourmet Pizza. Wow. Good ZZA! We then spent a few hours keeping E from rest watching some TV. Out to grab some dinner grub at Logan's Roadhouse (again another great meal with yummy bread and a fantastic steak), then off to the game. Seats were good, with a crystal view of the Marlies' entrance and behind their bench a mere 3 rows up.

Both Beff and I snagged some great shots of Batesy and I'm pretty sure the bright red jersey w/ the 13 I was wearing caught his attention as he was kind enough to come to the bench during warmups to do a little posing for photos *grin* Even got a good shot or two of Maurice! Bates was also nice enough to score a goal and get an assist, making him the 2nd star in the game and helping the Marlies to beat the Baby Pens 3-0. Chiefs did a smack'm up job too that evening as they played and stomped Reading on the road.

A good nights rest and we were back on the road heading a good bit across the state and down into the burgh for Pens vs. Carolina. We were suppose to be right on the glass with "A" seats, but somehow the Mellon Arena finds it acceptable to place folding chairs in front of those seats just to cram a few more ppl in. While we have a fair number of photos of people's heads we still managed to get some good shots and a pretty good view of a great game. I did get some decent shots, including one where Brindy appears to be looking right at me as he leaves the ice. After I took the shot he lifted his gloved left hand in a pseudo wave - again, I think the bright red jersey helps attract some attention.

The Canes did not plan on loosing to the Pens twice and the came to play swinging up at one point with a 5-0 lead at the end of the first period. Sadly I had a pretty good view of Erik Cole's injury occurring too. I can't believe he skated himself off of the ice. Vertebra injuries aren't something to mess with. Be well soon Colesy. Final score: Canes 7, Pens 5.

Here's a small smattering of photos from the weekend.

Amusingly on the drive home we had a car full of youngins, and I mean YOUNGINs, pulling up beside us smiling and waiving. Isn't that cute? 30, er I mean 28 again is in ;)

Back to Jtown once again I spent my Sunday in normal fashion, church, trying to get caught up, and then to the Chiefs game. Unfortunately the Chiefs broke their streak, loosing to the Greenville Grrrowl, but fortunately for those speciality jerseys as I'm sure they'd eventually implode from the amount of wear. Now, when will they end up on ebay and at what starting price?

No comments: