Friday, February 10, 2006

Why do I hate the media? When the whole gambling "thing" broke they roped people in (read: me) to listen longer by stating "involving the great one" before a commercial break. So I stick around to find out it is instead his wife that they wanted to announce the involvement of. Fine. Today, this takes the cake. This dumb broad on CNN, immediately following a clip of Wayne Gretzky discussing the issue and stating "I did not place bets" has the gall to roll her eyes and make a comment about him saying "he wasn't involved". Nice flippin reporting. He didn't say that so don't translate (and quite poorly I might add). I admit that the American people are idiots who can't think for themselves and rely on our blessed 24 hour news stations to feed them their opinions but that is just insane.

On the flip side who hasn't gambled on a game? Did you participate in a super bowl poll? I did. Are you telling me that basketball, baseball, and football players, (including your precious Pittsburgh Steelers) are completely clean on the topic of gambling? I doubt this to be so. Oh wait, let me take the CNN reporting stance and say that "I have reason to believe that they have also incurred infractions". Take your "one for the thumb" and stick it.

Idiots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gambling builds character.