Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I didn't get very far with the paper last night, but I did read one more article before turning in. It was hard to get much done since there was a meeting and I'd rather sit and chat with the good people of hockeyland than do classwork. It's a weakness.

With regard to hockey:
1). A great big ouch and get well soon goes out to Steve Cygan.
2). To the one whom I offer much advice: I have yet more and even though I know you won't read this I'll write it none the less. It's time to start adding on to the work out and focusing yourself for playoff time. If rumors are true your time (and that of a few others) may be tenuous at best. Make the most of it. If they're not true my advice would still serve you well. As I did for someone else I'll ask why not another 20 pushups or another 15 minutes doing cardio each day.

Now, I don't necessarily buy into the concept which I've labelled as rumor but it makes me a bit pensive. The ranks above play until April 15. The most they could do is rotate guys around and still be able to fill their bench. They're riding 23 guys at present so droping one or two would be the max without then pulling people back up. Like I said, not so much likely, but dreaded in a way - in other ways it might be the best thing for my catty evil female mind.

On to the dog portion of my overarching topics. Satin's bloodwork came back with little more direction. Her platelets were a little higher which is good, but her protein was even lower than it was last time. Her red blood cell count? Still low. We've now doubled her dose of steroids, which has her drinking like her daddy did. *ha* At least she's more willing to eat when I pull out the spoon and do some spoon feeding to get more in her.

No comments: