Sunday, February 26, 2006

Friday the Chiefs shut out the Storm - not too many shots on goal, but the important part is the one that went in. The boys were sporting nifty looking army style jerseys. They're a bit cheap in make, but I like the look. Much nicer than the cammies earlier this year in my personal opinion - but I've never been a camo type of gal.

Saturday I admit I slacked more than I should have and I headed to the Chitty for some shopping. I did snag another cute short sleeve blouse and a pair of dress pants in a 12, which pleases me greatly. The boys won Saturday night as well - great game against Dayton with Currie in their net. My still favorite if only on paper put up one goal in regulation and one in the shoot out to help polish things off. Post game the team photo was taken w/ all of us willing to hang out in the background, nice touch in my opinion. Unfortunately, we get our copy on Sunday and Beff and I are cut out. Go figure.

So the photo you wonder, well the Kelly cup was in town Friday and Saturday, so I took the time to get up close and get a good look, after all it's not like we had to drive as far as we did to see the Stanley cup the first time.

Today I skipped out on church to make some progress on the paper before the afternoon game. I've written up my to do list for the things that need crossed off from now to Thursday night before our hockey weekend, no time to waste. I did get my paper to about the 60% mark in my book. Now if I can get back to it a bit here this evening I should be golden in time to go away for a relaxing weekend.

The game was fabulous with the Chiefs rocketing up three goals in the first then a bit of stagnancy allowing the Titans to catch up and a thriller goal in the last couple seconds to win. Congrats to Roche on yet another goal, good to see things turning back around for you.

I helped sell jersey raffle tickets and that turned out to be quite the ego boost. I even ended up taking the fuel shot in horribly high heels as part of an effort to help market the jersey (on my part). So I was offered an extra $20 to "come with the jersey" and told that a guy's son wanted my number, among other comments, I'll take'm. I think the oddest part of my day was getting semi-asked out but not really all within eye-shot of the one I'd die to get my paws on. It's rather surreal.

No comments: