Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Last evening I came home to a very uncomfortable dog. In my best guess I can only assume that the calcium deposits that we first discovered on the outside of Satin's shoulder tendon are causing the issues, which is odd since she had these problems many years ago and they lasted but a short time before disappearing and not causing a problem again. I took a short trip out to procure some canine aspirin and did my darndest to load her up. It's kind of difficult when the dog refuses to eat much of anything, even a treat - it took two tries to get her to bite into a treat! At least the hot dogs with the aspirin shoved in were palatable enough as to get her to take the meds.

She's so skinny right now, doesn't want to eat, has had a couple seizures in two months, and now limping and sore. I can't bare to think of her as being that old. So long as she looks up with her "smile" and tosses that tail in a wag to see me I'll know she plans on being a stubborn old lady. I'm now to the point where I've had her in my life longer than my Ex (yes, Ex with a capital E). She's all Vixen has ever known. Vixen, being the bubble head that she is, doesn't quite get that Satin's not up to playing and whatnot. Putting Vix in the basement while I showered and Satin was upstairs only elicited nonstop cries and whining. She can't bare to not be with Satin. I hope this isn't an early warning of 2006 not being a very good year, but I've had a sinking feeling since New Year Eve. Women's intuition? Pessimism?

On a bright note the short jaunts for hockey games are well into the planning phases. I won an auction last night for quite wise seats to watch the Marlies in Wilkes-Barre early March. Now to get those seats for the Blue Jackets.

"I remember everything that we said. All those tears that we shed. -Stevie Nicks"

No comments: