Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm back at work, but a good bit late. The vet appointment took a good while as we took x-rays and drew blood and the whole sha-bang. From the x-rays there is definitely fluid in Satin's abdomen. The vet is 90-95% sure there is some type of growth there. Her temperature is up a little, so she got a shot of antibiotics and more to take home. We'll see if there are any changes in the blood results and thyroid test. The vet mentioned a chance of Addison's disease but she doesn't show the classic symptoms. Hypoadrenocorticism is a lower release of corticosteroid from the glands. If this is the case steriods could help in some way and a drug called florinef, which then you need to watch sodium and potassium levels. Go figure, but potassium bromide, Satin's medication for her epilepsy is what? But a potassium based salt (sodium). The thing is - if we're LUCKY that is what is wrong. There are options to go have an ultrasound done to try and get a better view than what an x-ray allows of her abdomen. I never thought I'd have to make these types of decisions on my own. For God's sake, I can't even decide where to go out to eat. I guess we'll know more what direction to head in when the blood work comes back tomorrow.

I guess I should sum everything else up to get caught up while I'm blogging. The game was good - the guys rocked the Royals (5-1). I think Jacob and Erica had a good time beating each other up if nothing else. Didn't get to talk to the Laws TOO much, but it was good to see them and to spend a little time, even if I was the only one drinking (which is odd in and of itself).

So I come home from the game and log in to update the scores on the FC website and lo and behold I have someone adding me to their messenger list. Talk about a blast from the past but it was Russ S. not to be confused with "Crusty" (note the different last initial). We talked SO much in college (gotta love the old Vax computer-systems). It was pretty nice to be "found" by someone. Heck to even think someone was looking for me was heartwarming. Too bad I was too tired at that point to stay up and chat, but I'm looking forward to catching up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had Vax systems in college? Yikes.