Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So there is this guy I know, but he's seeing someone. (Sound familiar... isn't it always the way?) I guess if I could learn anything from lesson's past taught from the other side of the door I could just do everything in my power to steal him. Maybe tell him he reminds me of some guy pictured on the front of a trashy romance novel or pout around the office telling people that he's "my soulmate" and how "I deserve him more than she does". Ooh, I can find some herb or spice he likes the smell of and make it into a huge production with my similar adoration.

The difference? Unlike some, I just can't "steal" someone. I guess I just don't have it in me - while others it doesn't even matter if there are marriage vows exchanged (I'll definitely never be THAT type of ... I would say girl, but that seems too sterile and kind ... insert nasty word here (homewrecker etc)).

I've had quite a few dreams lately of being somewhere else. A new home etc... Change. Is change what is absolutely required to break out of my current slump? I know it's bad when I end up running late because I can't tear myself out of bed... the potential to stay in dreamland for another hour far outweighs any good that can come from getting up and facing the day. I looked up at the sky as I was leaving the grocery store last night and it was absolutely beautiful. I've seen a ton of amazing sunsets, but then I instantly am saddened by them. I guess beauty IS meant to be shared.

"Do you ever question your life? Do you ever wonder why? -Ian Van Dahl"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You totally need a change. Move back here!

Joe K